Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Turning a Corner

I did a 4+ hour ride on Sunday.  Today, two days later, it occurred to me that as I planned that ride, what worried me about it was whether I was fit enough, not whether my ankle would hold up, whether it would swell too much, or whether there would be some sort of muscular weakness in the foot.  I was concerned about whether I would run out of legs, aerobic fitness, cramp, or fall victim to some other calamity related to my physical unpreparedness for the ride.  Physical unpreparedness rather than failure to heal.  As you can see from the post about the ride, it went very, very well and I could not be more pleased.  Pleased enough to attempt Napa Century next weekend and if that goes well, I'll sign up for Knoxville Double in mid-September.  If I manage to finish that, I'll consider my cycling comeback complete.  I'm not ready for tennis, squash, racquetball, or soccer, but this is a cycling blog, so never mind those other sports.

 .

No comments: